For over 70 years Haida Forest Products manufactured Haida Skirl. Now after closing their facility Vanspec has taken over the manufacturing under license from Haida and rebranded the product as Vanspec Skirl.
Vanspec Skirl is produced from carefully selected Western Red Cedar. Cedar's natural characteristics protect against decay and insects, ensure materials stay straight, lay flat, and provide an excellent base for paints and stains. Quality coating systems can be used with confidence for a variety of decorative effects. This is an outstanding advantage of real wood Cedar siding. As a result, your creativity is not limited to one colour or style.
Each piece of Vanspec's Skirl is carefully inspected and all knots Permi-fused where necessary to provide a 100% tight knot grade. It is the only wavy edge siding that is manually produced by specially trained operators, as a result each piece is unique. The extra thickness of Vanspec Skirl siding provides a deeper shadow line which emphasizes and enhances Vanspec Skirl's appearance.
- Sawn textured, fine grained to accentuate the natural beauty inherent in Western Red Cedar.
- 100% tight knot or Permi-fused.
- Also available in Clear grades.
- High percentage of heartwood for added durability.
- Moisture Content - Kiln dried to ensure maximum stability.
- Lengths - 3 - 20' Odd & Even (Min. 70% 8' & longer, Maximum 12% 3 - 5').
- Sizes Available:
- 15/16 x 10 or 12
- 11/16 x 10
VANSPEC produces an extensive line of Cedar products to meet customer needs
At VANSPEC we aim to deliver quality to our valued customers.